Nine Resolutions For Small Business Owners To Stand By
With the new year officially underway, now is the perfect time for small business owners to consider their plans for the new year. Below are nine New Year’s resolutions that small businesses should think about.
1. Have a clear direction. Ask yourself what the end goal of your business is. If you don’t know the destination, you cannot follow a successful path. Write out different goals that you have for 2021 to focus on achieving your vision!
2. Know your customer. To increase sales and find new customers, you have to understand who your customer is. Marketing stems from this very point. Understand their needs and what desires fuel them. This will paint a better picture.
3. Focus on your channels. It can be challenging managing multiple pages at once. From posting on Facebook to scheduling tweets, it can be a nightmare. In 2021, stop trying to manage too many channels. Focus on those that matter to your audience. Pick the channels that you know matter most to your audience.
4. Only talk about what matters. In a 2020 Forbes interview, brand strategist Pamela Barba said, “Don’t lose their attention by promoting yourself all the time.” This is crucial advice. Learn about what interests your audience and what they want to see.
5. Reflect on your mission statement. A recent Business News Daily article emphasized the importance of mission statements. As a business owner, you need to understand what makes you stand out and what your values are.
6. Pinpoint your niche. Competing as a small business comes down to what your niche is. What audience will love your product the most? Focus on these customers and plan your message and budgets accordingly.
7. Learn something new. Running a business is more than a full-time job, but learning something new can help fuel innovation and expand your horizons.
8. Plan to save time. Administrative tasks may seem tedious and time consuming, but taking control of your accounts will save you time in the long run.
9. Engage with your customers. Make the time to engage with your existing customers more in 2021. Spark conversations in your store and send them surveys. Use these tools to seek honest and genuine feedback that you can act on it. Your business will grow from this.
The Alliance to Save the American Dream is a non-profit organization dedicated to three core goals.
1. Develop an Ideas Factory to give small businesses and industries a centralized place to share innovative ideas that must be considered.
2. Build a unique Resources portal for small businesses to go to for answers or resources that address a wide range of issues or challenges.
3. Offer a new networking opportunity for small business owners to connect while also giving them a platform to share their own personal stories.